I’m finally going back to school.
I am finally going to be studying English. Poetry. Writing. The thing that makes my heart stop and start and start and start. I am terrified. I never finish my undergrad degree. In the past, I experienced intense anxiety in school. I skipped my last year of high school and went straight to college, majored in something I thought I loved. I lost interest. I discovered slam. My depression was at an all-time low. I’d be late for class and end up skipping it. I wrote poems instead of papers. I was terrible to my partners, worse to myself. I remember sleeping so much, I got myself tested for mono.
Be gone, Self-Hatred.
Now I’m 26. I know what I want to do when I finally “grow up.” Perhaps, it has something to do with the realization that we never grow up. We are never done growing. There is no adults-only enlightenment. We are all on an endless journey into ourselves. And this time, this lap around myself, I know I deserve love and patience and a friggin college degree. I want it. I want to sharpen my craft. I want to polish my tools. I want to know my art as intimately as I know myself, completely and honestly.
Be gone, Anxiety.
This January, I will be taking the second poetry class of my life from someone that, Facebook stalking confirms, is younger than me. I have to trust that although she is younger and teaching (what I dream of doing), my life has brought me here. My path is not wrong or right, but beautiful mine.
Be gone, Fear. You have no place here anymore.
- minorconviction likes this
- poetrypile likes this
- neginnajmabadi likes this
- boxofstaplewires likes this
- pornographicphonograph reblogged this from sierrademulder and added:
- exhausted-and-alone likes this
- fantasyparade likes this
- throughthestars18 likes this
- kingofthewilddthings likes this
- kmaritzaestrada likes this
- problematicpigaleen likes this
- stonetongues likes this
- kissonthecanvas likes this
- somethinglikethesea likes this
- finickymuse likes this
- slamyourheartout likes this
- fuckyeahsierrademulder reblogged this from sierrademulder
- juneebjones likes this
- myheartleftmychest likes this
- iaddedarainbow likes this
- tinandra likes this
- juliamarchione likes this
- ifwewerefeckless likes this
- breannapeck likes this
- barefootinadress likes this
- notmattsiegel likes this
- theinbetweensandunderneaths likes this
- untilthemoonturnsblue likes this
- hermiginnyharvelle likes this
- atlaslimbs likes this
- cloudsandlemonade likes this
- martynaprzybysz likes this
- ellie-ch likes this
- just-another-calamity reblogged this from sierrademulder
- just-another-calamity likes this
- banananutmuffintopshop likes this
- nonsensicalstories likes this
- melyssalamelosa likes this
- wordsaremysanctuary likes this
- chimericallover likes this
- everyoneisanenabler said:You. You have come so far. You’re brilliant. I know you can do this. Promise.
- lexluthr likes this
- theomeo likes this
- rjdizzlemahnizzle likes this
- kangar00cry likes this
- liliesonsundaymorning reblogged this from sierrademulder
- liliesonsundaymorning likes this
- danielstalter likes this
- thepoetandthesiren likes this